Thursday, May 05, 2011

Relationship Building

Great day at the Ranch yesterday afternoon.

Arrived early and sat in a feeder watching the herd. They eat in groups and push each other away in one is in anothers 'space'.

Rode Pongo up to the barn and trotted a little. I love riding bareback. Allows me to feel the horse and work on my balance

We did some round pen work in the evening. Pongo did awesome...for not having done it before!

Worked on getting him used to an obstical and then we all (about 8 of us) went back into the round pen and rode bareback.

I really didn't want to leave :(

He is one special horse and he's helping me break down my trust barriers and build a friendship with him.

I've never had the opportunity to do so with other horses. I realized yesterday that although I know how to ride, I don't really know how to build a relationship with a horse.

For anyone who is interested, go to www.highertrails.org 2 horses are available for people!

No comments: