Tuesday, May 03, 2011

News


I haven't been too great at updating.

I'm going to try to post about what I'm up to and life with my new Foster Horse, Pongo.



He's a 6 year old Paint who was mauled by a cougar at 2. His owner was going to put him down, when Higher Trails bought him. Unfortunately, since then, he hasn't had much consistency. When I took him on in February, I thought he was 4 years old!

He has calmed down a lot in the last 3 months. Pongo now stands fairly still for longer than a few seconds and is becoming much more comfortable in the barn. We are working on the basics such as neck reining and backing up. Sometimes it almost seems too easy as he's so willing to learn and please.

Through him I've been learning to relax and let go of my fears. It's a process :)

I'm still in Calgary and in June I'm going back to school! I'm enrolled at Robertson College in their Vet Office Assistant course. It's like a retraining college. The program is 6 months long, M-F, 8am to 1pm. Should be interesting and challenging. In the long run I'd like to work with large animals, but I have to start somewhere :)

No comments: