Friday, May 13, 2011

Great Day for 2 Rides :)


Today was beautiful! I was sitting in a hay feeder reflecting on life and enjoying myself. Maybe I can sit in a feeder to do homework once school starts. Eventually the horses ignore me (unless they decide that the hay is tastier under me!), and I can get a lot done. It's peaceful listening to them chew and listening to the frogs.

Later, I went for a nice long ride with lots of trotting (I'm learning to relax) and even a bit of loping (uphill for control), with one stirrup! Pongo is out of shape and I had to keep him going uphill...he's a bit chubby :)

When we got back, I unsaddled him and let him go. Then join in on a BBQ. Yummy! There was a little riding lesson going on for 3 kids...so I joined in bareback (my favorite)! We even trotted some cavelletis and he started 'jumping' the last one. I wonder if I'm confident enough to go higher...bareback? I could still do a slight 2-point position!

Awesome, awesome day!

When I'm with my horse, the world stands still :)

No comments: