Thursday, May 08, 2008

Brazil




The top left picture is of Camp Victoria. It's the christian camp that Dihno and Ginny (picture in the right) started. The LAM missionaries that work with Christian Camping International Brazil train Brazilians with how to run camps. From everything on what to do with snakes to buying food, to training camp staff, etc.
We stayed at the camp for one night. It was beautiful and peaceful. I loved listening to the birds, and there are even night birds!
The property is huge and was bought for $10,000 USD from a spiritist who liked Dihno's vision for the camp. God works in mysterious ways!
Dihno and Ginny (left) and Ariana live in Tres Ranchos. Ariana rents from Dihno and Ginny and works as a missionary at the camp. She spoke some English so I had fun getting to know her. The last night we were in Tres Ranchos, she invited me to a birthday party for someone at her church. Though only a few others spoke English, I still had fun. I love the Latino culture...even though I am a stranger, it doesn't matter.
The bottom picture is of the landscape in Goias. It reminded me of BC. I guess that's why it felt so much like home. Rolling hills, cows and horses and agriculture all over the place!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Hey Julie! It's cool to see you mention CCI Brazil. I work at Christian Camp and Conference Association (formerly CCI USA). We're still with the CCI organizations around the world---just with a different name. Thanks for sharing your story!