Monday, December 03, 2007

Trusting God

I haven't written recently because I don't know what to write.

I have booked my flight to Miami, but now I need a passport. I've printed out the online version, but it didn't work properly and now when I go to bring up the online version, there are technical difficulties and it doesn't load. I'm trying not to panic, but it takes three weeks to process a passport.

Hopefully I will hear today whether or not I can begin raising funds through LAM's Canadian office for orientation in Miami. I'm trying to be patient, but I'm wearing down.

But, around three weeks ago, I ask God to help me to be patient. God helps me to be patient by giving me reasons TO be patient. Too bad patience isn't a one time learning experience...it's something we ALL need to work on time and time again!

I'm also having trouble with Christmas. Since I work in retail it seems to come from all directions! I want to participate in the birth of Christ part, but the materialism surrounding it is too much to take. I want to bless people, but that's hard to do on a tight budget.

Please pray for sanity as I work in this crazy industry during Christmas. Also that I will be able to focus and just take one day at a time and not panic or look too far ahead. God will only give me as much as I can handle, pray that I will continue to trust Him.

Please pray that I can focus on Jesus this season. That when I sing Christmas carols, that I don't just sing them, but I relfect on what I'm singing and love God even more for bring Jesus into this crazy, mixed up world.

Blessings,

Julie

No comments: