Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Dear Family and Friends,

From June 2000 to August 2001, I served God in Mexico City with Latin America Mission as a short term missionary. For the past six years, I have been praying that God would allow me to return to Latin America. God has blessed me with being released from debt, therefore allowing me to apply with Latin America Mission (LAM) for full time missionary service.

One Sunday, my pastor challenged us to think about what our ideal situation in life would be. Some say to live comfortably, without debt or to have financial security, to be at the top of the company, or to have good health. My ideal life – working with horses to reach out to at risk kids and teens in Latin America. Yes, it’ll be difficult, strenuous and challenging. But it’ll also be rewarding when that one child sees that they are worth something and that God loves them and they can trust again.
LAM has invited me to attend their ten day orientation in Miami, Florida from January 21st through the 31st. At the orientation I will learn about LAM’s history, vision for the future, their approach to ministry and the nuts-and-bolts of service with LAM. If you are interested in learning more about LAM, check out their website: www.lam.org
I am asking my family and friends to partner and support me through prayer (I could NEVER do this without prayer) and financial contributions. The total cost is $2200.00. This amount includes my orientation fee, airfare, accommodation, and meal expenses. If you would like to contribute financially towards my trip, you can send a cheque to the Latin America Mission at the address below and receive a tax receipt for your donation. On a separate note (post-it notes work well) please write Clausen/LAM USA orientation.

Latin America Mission (Canada) Inc.
3075 Ridgeway Drive, Unit 14
Mississauga, ON L5L 5M6

Please pray for continued guidance and wisdom. As the busy retail Christmas season is here, pray for continued health and alertness. On January 17th I have an appointment for an MRI on my left knee. Pray that everything will go smoothly and the results positive. During the orientation in Miami, pray for health, safety and vision. Please also pray that I will benefit and learn from the orientation and all that unfolds.

If you have any questions, please post a message and I'll get back to you. Thanks so much in advance for your prayers and giving.

Blessings,

Julie

No comments: