Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Windchill Warning...

After a day of cold temperatures, the weather people decide to post a windchill warning last night! Yesterday I cosidered getting a taxi after work at night, but I wore this instead:

footless tights
socks
leggings
my work pants
ski pants
work shirt
sweater
sweatshirt
fleece jacket
wool coat
sheepskin boots
two pairs of mittens (i think i need to make an improvement...my hands were cold)
touque (sp?)
scarf

Yes, I'm sure I looked funny, but I was warm. I was sure people at work would comment, but no one did!

It was probably around -38 with the windchill when I left work.

Right now it's -28 with a -39 windchill and it's only 10:15am. I don't start work until 1:15 and I'm done at 9:15. But last night when I was waiting for the bus, an out of service one was sitting there so we could wait in it and stay warm. Maybe tonight will be -40 with windchill when I leave work!! What fun, what fun :)

I hope everyone else is warm, safe and dry!

No comments: