Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Home in Richmond

I'm home in Richmond after a few days camping in Penticton. For the most part, it was beautiful, except the day my mom and I were planning to float down the cannal. It rained and was cold. So, instead, my parents and I played mini golf in the evening. It was outside surrounded by beautiful flowers and plants. I think it's the most fun I've ever had playing mini golf.

I spent some time in Vernon with family and visited my friend from college in Salmon Arm. Then it was on to Penticton and now Richmond. Tomorrow I'm off to Victoria to see my grandma and I'll be back in Richmond on Thursday. I had to think about that for a minute because I'm on holidays and don't really care what day it is. Today I visited with a friend from high school and her daughter came along too...Emma (the daughter) is adorable.

When I come home after Victoria, I think I'll rest by the water...okay, maybe not the stinky Fraser...maybe some different water. And I want to see the Vancouver downtown Bay...I think I need a life...I'm away from work, why would I want to go back????

I saw my grandpa in Vernon and even though he doesn't really know what is going on, he is still quite strong. He took my hand and held on...it was hard to get my hand loose. It's sad when his mind in gone, but he's still somewhat strong. There are no muscles on his body, yet he has a firm grip. He just turned 97 on the 30th.

It was just my birthday in July and my parents gave me a digital camera. Now I can post pictures too! It was a good day (my birthday). I got spoiled at work, home (Calgary home) and when I arrived in Vernon (time with family).

I think it's time for me to eat some beans, veggies and fruit. It's doing a number on my system. I can't wait to go home and eat dairy and meat. Maybe I should buy some steaks!!

Blessings,

The Tall One

No comments: