Sunday, July 23, 2006

Swealtering heat...


I thought that Calgary was supposed to have hot and dry summers. We are having a hot and humid summer. It's okay, but HOT! I guess it's better than cold and snowing:)

It's a good reminder to drink more water...not coffee. I think I've become a coffeeaholic. I have a cup every morning and if I don't I can barely function until I do. But now that I am going home for two weeks, I might be going on withdrawl. My parents and my aunt and uncle only drink healthy tea and don't eat meat. I can't even go get coffee because my aunt and uncle don't live in town and my parents won't let me drive the SUV! Hmmm, maybe I can talk my dad into it, he still likes coffee...we'll see. But in the heat, caffine is bad and water is better. Should be interesting.

I served some customers yesterday at work that were in Calgary from Utah, because it's cooler here. It sounded like they always come in the summer. Would they be called "Summer Birds"? Like our Canadian "Snow Birds"?

There's my deep thought for the day...now to cleaning my old room. I'm sharing now and I have to have my old room cleaned out before I leave because there is another girl moving in while I'm away. There will be 6 of us in one house...it's feels like dorms again. God is teaching me patience in more than one way...daily!

Okay, now I am procrastinating...must go clean...does clean mean I can throw things in boxes and deal with them when I return? Don't think so, but I'll see how the day goes!

Blessings,
Julie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julie, glad to read what's up in your life. God bless your time at home.
Bonita Joy