Sunday, January 13, 2008


January 12, 2008

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone was able to make some wonderful memories this Christmas season.

Even though I wasn't able to go home, I was invited into other people’s families. I had a Polish Christmas Eve dinner and a good old Canadian Christmas Day turkey dinner. I spent time with roommates opening presents and stockings, eating and building a gingerbread train.

Now that the store hours are back to normal (yay!), I can wind down and focus on orientation in Miami in 8 days!

I want to thank you for continuing to pray and support me as I move towards my dreams.

I had to cancel my MRI appointment (again), but I was praying and asking God to give me a date in February. I was talking to my doctor's office January 3rd and my MRI is on February 21st at 9pm! I don't even have to miss work and it's at Foothills hospital which is close to home.

On January 2nd I bought US Dollars and again started to worry about finances. My mom called that night and told me to sit down. I could tell by her voice she had good news. On her table she had a cheque from church (the church I grew up in) for a generous amount made out to me. She was told that the cheque was to help with expenses. Talk about God's perfect timing!

I know that I am human and worrying is a human characteristic. But I take it too the extreme and worry to the point that I don't sleep. Please pray that I will continually lay my worries at God's feet and let Him worry about it for me.

Last Saturday I finished my application and sent it off on Tuesday. It feels good to finally have it finished. And although I was challenged, I feel like I know myself better.

May God fill your hearts in 2008 with JOY and PEACE for Him and for the life that He's given you. He LOVES you, you know!

Blessings,

Julie Clausen

No comments: