Sunday, January 14, 2007

Colossians 4:2-6

"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful and pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly as I should. Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salkt, so that you may know how to answer everyone." Colossians 4:2-6


So, I am commanded to devote myself to prayer, yet I don't. Why, when my manager tells me to do something, I'm right on it, but when God, who's much more improtant than my manager tells me to do something, I ignore him? Is it because I'm relying too much on grace? Do I turn a blind eye to God's discipline? Or do I just not care? Everything would flow better if I obeyed God and gave all to him, yet I always try to handle life on my own - what a waste of time and energy and unwanted stress.

I know that I am not always wise in the way I act towards outsiders, I'm not always careful and sometimes I don't even care. That's scary for me to admit. Not caring can lead to selfishness - even more scary.

How do I let my conversation be always full of grace and seasoned with salt? Oh right, give all my words to God - don't try to do things on my own, without God.

I want to be more like Jesus, my Shepherd, my Father.

No comments: